... Music?

Alright this is an early one. I'm walking to work now so I thought I'd try and be efficient. What's probably going to happen is I'm going to end up going really slow or walking into a tree or something but I've decided that's ok.

So straight away I plugged my earphones in; I frigging love music but I listen to it near constantly. The one day I went on a walk without music I ended up meeting a pretty cool dude. Maybe by distracting me from the world I want it to, it's also distracting me from the world I want to be apart of. Nah that sounds stupid, I think that's situational. I'm more concerned about the constant dopamine hit. I read about a thing called dopamine fasting where you can only really meditate, drink water, write and sleep for a whole day, apparently it's supposed to reset the reward centres of your brain. Maybe the reason I can't help but binge watch tv is because those reward centres are so outa' whack it's become like an addition/withdrawal cycle. I might give it a go on a weekend. It sounds rough but also exciting. Maybe I'll start listening to white noise. That might let me concentrate on my work without giving me that dopamine hit. Although sometimes I wonder if I'm really listening at all or if I'm basically already using music as a white noise generator.

So this probably wasn't as exciting or insightful as you're probably used to but I am concentrating on not getting hit by cars so this this'll have to do. I had something else to talk about but I can't remember what it was. I think maybe the drugs are starting to destroy my short term memory. There's a great song about this very subject!

Oh yeah I need to learn to drive. That's probably a good goal. I'll come back to this later.

Update: I actually made it to work pretty quick. Looks like having something to focus on is good. Cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aesthetics

One Twenty Five Point One

Wasting Time